Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 0 - Средняя оценка: 0
ching. Bautista isnt panic
MILWAUKEE -- Nearly a month into the season, Matt Garza got his first win for the Milwaukee Brewers against his former team, the Chicago Cubs. Authentic Grant Long Jersey . Garza, who signed a four-year, $50 million deal with the Milwaukee in the off-season, retired the Cubs in order in four of the first six innings. He gave up two runs and four hits while striking out seven and walking one over seven innings as Milwaukee defeated Chicago 5-2 Friday night. "Im just happy that I was in control of my mechanics all game," Garza said. "I just wanted to go and establish my game plan and not get too over-amped." Garza insisted facing the Cubs, for whom he pitched in 2011 and 2012, as well as part of last season, didnt generate any added emotion for him. "Its another game. Ive been on five different teams. If I had to get up for everybody, Id be tired by mid-season," Garza said. Brewers manager Ron Roenicke liked what he saw from Garza. "He really went after guys." Roenicke said. "His command was good. He had really good stuff today." Lyle Overbay homered and Carlos Gomez and Ryan Braun each had three hits and a stolen base for the Brewers, who have a Major League best 17-6 record. Garza (1-2) said hes enjoying finally playing on a winning team. "When you go through years of constantly hoping, you kind of run out of hope," he said. "Were going out with the attitude that we are going to win. It brings up a lot better emotion. Its confidence. That what were playing with a lot of right now." Garzas ability to keep pitches down in the zone made it tough on Chicagos hitters, Cubs manager Rick Renteria said. "He doesnt rattle very easily. He goes right after hitters. You have to tip your cap to him," Renteria said. Francisco Rodriguez pitched a scoreless inning to pick up his 10th save in 10 chances. Cubs starter Carlos Villanueva (1-5) gave up five runs and 11 hits in five innings. The Brewers when Cubs left fielder Junior Lake appeared set to make a routine catch of Scooter Gennetts line drive but the ball sailed past Lakes glove and rolled to the fence, allowing Gomez to score. Brauns single drove in Gennett, who scored as Lake airmailed a throw to the plate, giving the Brewers a 2-0 lead. The Cubs cut the lead to 2-1 in the third on Emilio Bonifacios run-scoring single. The Brewers extended their lead to two runs again in the bottom half of the inning. With Gomez on first, Braun hit a ground ball deep in the hole at short. Cubs shortstop Starlin Castro made a strong throw and umpires initially ruled Braun out at first. After a delay of two minutes and 20 seconds, Braun was ruled safe. Jonathan Lucroy followed with a single to score Gomez. Overbay led off the fourth with a homer, giving the Brewers a 4-1 lead. Aramis Ramirezs sacrifice fly in the fifth extended the lead to 5-1. Ryan Sweeneys ground-out plated a run for the Cubs in the seventh. Notes: The Brewers unveiled a statue of Hall of Fame radio announcer Bob Uecker, situated in the last row of the upper deck behind home plate, that pays tribute to the classic Miller Lite ad campaign in which he starred. .. Rodriguez tied Robb Nen for 18th place with his 314th career save. ... Brewers manager Ron Roenicke applauded Major League Baseballs attempt to eliminate the confusion that has surrounded the "transfer" rule this season by returning to the previous interpretation for when a fielder loses possession of a ball while trying to shift it from his glove to his hand. "I like what they did. I think it makes sense and it is the right way," Roenicke said. ... Chicago reliever Neil Ramirez made his Major League debut. ... The Brewers Marco Estrada (1-1) will face the Cubs Travis Wood (1-2) on Saturday. Authentic Stanley Johnson Jersey . An in-person hearing allows for Garbutt to be suspended for five games or longer as per the leagues Collective Bargaining Agreement. Garbutt delivered a high hit to Penner in the second period of Sundays game. Authentic Christian Laettner Jersey . -- Ryan Gropp scored in overtime as the Seattle Thunderbirds shut out the Spokane Chiefs 1-0 in Western Hockey League play Tuesday. http://www.cheappistonsjerseysauthentic....fin-jersey . Williams withdrawal came less than 24 hours after losing in the final Auckland WTA tournament final. "I dont believe she has an injury," Hobart tournament director Mark Handley said.TORONTO - Jose Bautista entered Wednesdays play at or near the top of most of baseballs important offensive categories. The 33-year-old is the league leader with 34 walks. His 1.058 OPS and 191 OPS+ are the best in the game. Bautistas hit nine home runs, which ties him for fourth in the majors. Hes reached base safely in each of the Blue Jays 33 games to begin the year. Thats a club record. "I think Ive had a pretty strong first month, as strong as I might have had ever in my career," Bautista told TSN.ca during a conversation in Philadelphia. "But the seasons long and its hard to look at small samples and how thats going to portray into a complete season. I try not to pay attention to those things and just focus on the preparation and the work and my effort and hopefully at the end of the year everythings taken care of itself." As teams around the league rely more heavily on spray charts and advanced offensive data, Bautista, like most sluggers around the league, often hits with three infielders on the left side of second base. The percentages show that if Bautista hits the ball on the ground, most of the time hell pull it. With that in mind, hitting coach Kevin Seitzer has encouraged Bautista to occasionally take pitches the other way. Manager John Gibbons believes the approach helps Bautista stay on breaking pitches down and away. He sees those often as opposing pitchers often work around him or, at least, are particularly careful about keeping the ball out of the middle of the strike zone. "The only difference I see with him is hes taking some hits the other way and I think its making him a tougher out," said manager John Gibbons. "You hear some people who complain about, well, hes a home run hitter, youve got to do it this way. Well, you know what? His home run numbers havent suffered one bit." Bautistas coaches and teammates took notice of his approach in the 10th inning of Tuesday nights 6-5 win over the Phillies. Melky Cabrera led off with a single. Bautista worked a 2-2 count and with the infield pulled around to the third base side he pushed a 93 miles per hour fastball through the gaping hole where the second baseman would usually stand. Cabrera advanced to third on the play and one out later scored the game-winning run on Juan Franciscos sacrifice fly. Manager John Gibbons called it "winning baseball." "Its good to see, thats what winninng players and winning teams do, the little stuff," said Jose Reyes. Wholesale Pistons Jerseys Authentic. "In that situation he didnt try to hit a two-run home run and pop it up to the infield or something. He just tried to move Melky over, he saw that huge space there at second base and he hit the ball that way, first and third and we win the game right there." Outfield coach Tim Leiper paid Bautista the ultimate praise last week, equating his pregame preparation and in-game adjustments to that of a coach. Bautista doesnt want the label but he is involved in every pitch. From the dugout hes studying the opposing pitcher, watching for tendencies that may indicate which type of pitch will be thrown. Not a base stealer himself, Bautista tries to help his faster teammates get a read on a pitchers move. Defensively, hell involve himself in outfield positioning based on his extensive knowledge of hitters. "I try to pay attention to things like that and I share all kinds of information with my teammates," said Bautista. "I also encourage them to share stuff that they know and information that they have with me. I like to listen to that kind of stuff and put it into my database, I guess." Gibbons recalls a game in Kansas City early last year when injuries to Jose Reyes and Brett Lawrie forced Bautista from his usual spot in right field and in to play third base. Bautista would frequently hover around the mound in between outs, giving the pitcher a scouting report on the next hitter. "Joses not just out there playing," said Gibbons. "He studies this and hes paying attention to whats going on. Hes played against a lot of these guys over the years so hes got a pretty good idea of what they do." The Blue Jays entered Wednesdays action with a record of 16-17 following a 4-4 road trip to Kansas City, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. Like on their previous road trip, they left some games on the table due to poor, late-game pitching. Bautista isnt panicking, however, because the American League East remains tight six weeks into the season. Torontos just a game and a half back of first-place Baltimore. "The only thing that would matter if we were 15 games back," said Bautista. "That would mean wed dug ourselves a big hole to come out of. From that perspective it doesnt really matter. What matters is how we play from here on out and weve got to focus on that." Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' '
Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)